The Chalybeate

Wednesday 5 September 2007

Rats again

So, there I was, on my hands & knees clearing out a cupboard to check there were no signs of rat droppings or other traces within it. Except there were signs of rats: many pellets and puddles of yellow. Filthy creatures. Then I put my hand inside an open plastic box to take it out from the cupboard and clean it thoroughly, and the box shifted in my hand. It held a young rat. I yanked the box out from the cupboard and flung it through the open kitchen door into the garden, whereupon the beast scuttled dazedly away across the lawn into a plant-covered corner, before I could grab gauntlets and a hammer to kill it.

Still, yesterday evening there were no sounds from behind the kitchen units, and this morning there were no signs nor sounds of more rats. I hope they're all gone now, and that the cats don't drag any more into the house.


8¬?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home