The Chalybeate

Tuesday 16 October 2007

Consumer

I complained about not my writing poetry, a week or so ago. Thinking about this, I don't produce anything artistic at all. I don't play an instrument since I stopped playing the saxophone and ceased to keep a mouth-organ in the car. I don't paint, I don't sculpt, I don't sing except in the shower.

But, I guess that I help keep the arts alive, as a consumer. We go to concerts, listen to records, buy books and even paintings occasionally. It evens out. And someone has to pay the piper.

I've been creative in the past, in a mechanical fashion. I used to be good at DIY, and enjoyed tinkering and making things. I still (sometimes) assemble bits of bicycle into something rideable and fun, and fix fiddly objects around the house. For some reason, though, I've done much less of this recently, than I would like to, and can't quite work out why.


:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home