The Chalybeate

Friday 7 December 2007

Man talk

For some reason, most men that I know don't discuss their emotional or personal issues with other men, but will either bottle things up, or talk to a woman friend. I'm pretty average in this respect, finding it easier to hold heart-to-hearts with women.

The other night, however, after an amazing amount of red wine and lots of greasy food, I found myself in one of those late night putting-the-world-to-rights sessions which ended not long before dawn. There was a small group of us, in which I was the only Brit in a gaggle of Russians and Georgians. That's in the Caucasus, not the southern USA.

"So, Moses, do you drink a lot ?"..."Do you mind me asking? Only in the US, all the interesting personal questions are forbidden. So it makes getting to know Americans very difficult." said the Georgian. So, after we established that I don't mind talking about drink, drugs, politics, women, or (taboo) money, we talked. And talked, and talked.

And the upshot was that we have established that every man needs children and money, a good wife and a broken heart, friends to trust and a distrust of politicians. All of this seems perfectly reasonable to me, even when sober.


:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home