The Chalybeate

Monday 28 July 2008

Trowbridge Festival

Hmm, interesting,

I went because I'd been asked, and I'm pleased that I did.



I can't quite explain, however, why I don't enjoy festivals now, whereas I used to do so, and both Moonface and Rio do, as well. Upon my arrival there (the first time!) as I pointlessly walked up the hill overlooking the entrance to the site, I felt a profound sinking of my heart. I just didn't feel as if I was part of the proceedings; I couldn't quite become part of the crowd. I've no idea why, as the demographics of the goers mean that they're similar people to me, and I get on with the people I know. Is it the crowds? The length of time that one needs to spend there? The nature of the gee-gaws and baubles upon sale? The music's fine, but somehow I was semi-detached. It's me, I reckon. There was something that put me slightly on edge, and prevented me from fully enjoying even great bands that would normally have me enthusing and jiggling about on my feet.

On the plus side, I know that if I hadn't been along last night, I would have weakened and gone along with Moonface to a full festival somewhere, next year. That way, I'd have pissed her off for the best part of a week. This way, it was only a day or so.

:o(

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home