The Chalybeate

Wednesday 10 December 2008

Poorly

Apart from that peculiar debilitating season-long weakness which I suffered from in 2003, which I mentioned a couple of posts ago, I'm hardly ever ill. Usually all I get is a 24-hour crashing headache and need for sleep like a form of massive hangover. Moonface is even healthier, as I cannot remember the last time she was sick. (Perhaps it was the result of a curry in Devizes on one of her walking tours a few years ago) As she is an extremely moderate drinker she doen't even get that as an excuse for being ill.

However since last Thursday, either one or the other or both Moonface and I have been laid up with miserable colds / flu / weakness, and spent most of the weekend in bed moaning at each other. It's both a literal and metaphoric pain: we both want to do stuff, but are too weak or tired and unmotivated to try. A five-minute walk around the block seemed too much like hard work, and afterwards we just collapsed into abject heaps of misery again.

Still, now it's Wednesday, Moonface has gone back to work and it's just me that is finding drive and action difficult. I feel better than at the weekend, so perhaps it's my turn to recover. We were both asleep by 10 last night, though.


:(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home