The Chalybeate

Sunday 23 April 2006

Mmmm, nice.

Well, that was the weekend.
Bristol's a good place to live, if you like music.

Moonface & I went to the Fleece to see The Selecter on Friday night; bopping & oi-oi ing to the speedy reggae of Ska & 2-Tone. We walked home, just a mile and a half, but we passed so many venues for live sounds. The Bierkeller, the Full Moon, the Junction, the Bank, the Croft, the Music Box, Jesters, the Cat & Wheel, the Prom. All of those were on our direct route.

On Saturday night we just walked down to the Prom to see a soul covers band. My back was running & my eyes stang with sweat from the dancing. Oh yes, I like it here.

Today, Sunday, we had some culture. Of sorts. The Arnolfini was hosting some posy Becks' beer -sponsored modern art exhibition, which was one of the most pointless shows that I've seen. The only piece that I enjoyed was a short film of some slo-mo Northern Soul dancers in an empty church. In light of the above paragraphs, I guess that figures. But I usually enjoy art: the Brunel exhibition which we skimmed last week was marvellous so we will return to that another week. Following the disappointing art we headed to the Coronation for some cider with Neil & Debs, and cycled home in time to cook for Tom before packing him off for his last term in Fareham. And I haven't mentioned the walk through the Berkeley Deer Park on Saturday afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home