The Chalybeate

Thursday 13 September 2007

Weddings & Coincidences

I was in Norwich to attend a wedding party, following the marriage of my best mate from school's sister (if that makes sense); I've known her since she was only nine and I was eleven. She's lived in Norwich for ten or so years, having settled there after spells in London and with no desire to return to grim Stockton. It's a decent-sized city, with about a third of a million people in its commuting zone.

So why, when Susie found a man to settle with, did she steal a bloke who used to live with my cousin Jo? Susie and Jo are the only two women I know in Norwich, and the city's over two hundred miles both from Bristol and Stockton. The odds of a man moving from one to the other, even accounting for age, social factors etc, must be one in ten thousand, or even less. It's too much. At least, I guess, this means that I am now vaguely related through marriage to my old mate.

To compound the coincidences, Susie and her new man now live in a house that used to belong to Jo's grandmother.......



:-(

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home