The Chalybeate

Thursday 8 November 2007

Uncertainty

I've had a couple of calls from head-hunters in the last day or so. Like a fool, I said "Yes, I may be interested," to them. I ought to be interested, as I'm working way in excess of the hours I'm contracted to for my present role, and I would like a full-time job and much more money.

But, I'm fairly happy in what I'm doing, and I do get enjoyment our of it. And, I hate the uncertainty of having job applications. It takes the bottom out of my world, it's selling oneself and setting oneself up for judgement. I feel uneasy and insecure again, and that's not pleasant. Then there's the extra work of titivating the CV, writing covering letters and being nicer to people. In some ways it's worse than looking for work when unemployed, as it's necessary to be more picky.

So I feel tetchy and irritable. Grrrrr. And then I wrote a letter I shouldn't have, which made me worse. Grrrr Grrrrr.


:-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home