The Chalybeate

Tuesday 6 May 2008

Ou se trouvent.....

After decrying the lack of visible animals in the french countryside, it was a relief to spend time in the Forest of Dean and the Brecons, this weekend.

Yes, we were able to tell that there were plenty of deer, badgers and foxes around by their tracks, scrapings and smells; but more importantly we saw a couple of squirrels darting around the trees, and as I went out to dig my pit on Monday morning at Noxon, a large grey-brown hare lolloped away from me through the plantation.

This morning, while I hung out the washing, another squirrel bounced along the garden fence to take a position above me in the neighbours' birch tree. It chuntered to the cats and myself as we watched it watching us.


:0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home