The Chalybeate

Friday 1 August 2008

Thorn

Since I was about sixteen, when I had my first five-speed bicycle, I've wanted a racing-style bike with bar-end mounted gear levers. They always seemed to me to be the height of cool, with regards to push-bikes. And now, many years later, I've got one. It's a Thorn Club Tour in racing green, suitable for long distance rides and likely to last many years, I hope.


I bought it second-hand as I'm a cheapskate, but it took me safely to Trowbridge and back a couple of times, and around town with ease. Its only drawback is that as it's a tourer rather than a cross or racing bike, it's got a long wheelbase which is just too long to fit it the lobby where Moonface and I usually leave our bikes.

I've had my first mechanical with it already, though.
Cycling off to the Lake last night, I heard an almighty "ping" and my rear brakes started binding and rubbing the wheel immediately. A spoke had gone, and the wheel immediately went badly out of true. I'll have to get it sorted out professionally.

:o)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home