The Chalybeate

Thursday 1 January 2009

New Year

Thank you, Duncan & Maria, for a great party.

Sometimes it all hangs together wonderfully, with exactly the right mixture of people you know and people you'd like to know better; no-one too drunk, no-one being obnoxious, with the music at just the right volume for talking in one room and dancing in another. So after arriving from C's at 10:30, we settled in until 3am, ending a bit squiffy and very jolly after dancing and eating and drinking slightly to excess. Moonface and I kissed on the dancefloor (she must have been drinking!) and embarrassed the poor adolescents next to us. We heard enough gossip and good stories to entertain, and in return we told some of our own.

Walking home with Dan & Geraldine, the streets were eerily empty. Where were the cars, the taxis, the other late-night revellers? I don't think that we saw a soul in twenty minutes. That did make for a pleasant stagger, and the chance to talk some more. This morning, I didn't feel too great so I cut short my New Year walk with Moonface and C. I blamed the pain in my knee; thinking about it, that in turn can probably be blamed upon the dancing and jumping. However, the chance to slump and snooze in the afternoon is too desirable to turn down.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:o)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home