The Chalybeate

Tuesday 31 March 2009

Araucaria

For the last couple of years, Moonface and I have been doing the Guardian quick crossword on most days when we have time. Sometimes we do it together, sometimes we fight over it, sometimes we allow the other first bash. We usually manage most clues, and frequently finish the puzzle.

However, I've never been able to do more than one or two clues of the cryptic crossword. This inability has annoyed me for so long, as I can remember sitting with the equivalent Telegraph crossword with friends while I was at university and not doing too badly.

Today, I idly glanced at the cryptic crossword while I was eating my late breakfast, and managed to slot a couple of clues into place. At lunchtime and tea-break it can together, so that by afternoon I had completed all clues except one.

And I am REALLY pleased with myself. It's good to know that my brain's not rusting as fast as my body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home