The Chalybeate

Sunday 20 March 2011

Boosted!

With Moonface out walking for the day, I decided to go for a cycle in Leigh Woods. Crossing the Downs was a pleasure with the sun on my face and primroses growing beside the paths. As the quarries that I use as a warm-up spot were free of kids I spent longer there than usual before pootling over towards & across the Bridge.

Where the paths start off North Road, there is a short steep gravelly section with a sharp bend half-way up. I arrived there just after three other cyclists , blokes in their late 20's - 30ish on newish bikes. I was riding my very tatty old singlespeed which I tend to use more an more when I'm out on my own.


And I burned them off! I overtook two and gained on the third; me with twenty-six fewer gears and at least twenty-six years older! I was so pleased with myself that I had a huge smirh=k on my face for the rest of the ride. Perhaps I'm not as unfit as I feared.


:o)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home