The Chalybeate

Monday 3 April 2006

Another coincidence?

Leominster, where I spent most of the weekend, is in the back of beyond: one of the most rural areas of England.

I'm looking for work at present, and on Friday afternoon I was offered an immediate interview with a software company. As the agent said: "You'll have to get there on Sunday- yes, it'll wreck your weekend- and it'll be near Ludlow in Herefordshire in the middle of nowhere. Is that OK?"

It was definitely OK. The interview was only 20km from where I was staying, so I was saved a long drive during the week and the meeting didn't interrupt the weekend by more than a couple of hours. This is weird. Rural Herefordshire just doesn't HAVE software companies, they are nearly all based in the commercial south-east. Perhaps one in a thousand is based out in the Marches. But it was definitely convenient for me.

As for the job: we agreed upon a second interview, but it's not going to be an easy sale.
Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home