The Chalybeate

Tuesday 28 March 2006

Priddy again

Often, when Moonface and I have discovered a walk, we repeat it soon afterwards to fix it in our minds. So at the weekend Moonface and I walked the Priddy ponds, Nine Barrows, Priddy, Ebbor Gorge route again but this time clockwise.

Instead of being frozen and windswept, we got soaked after the heavens started to pour about half-way round. This meant that Moonface's shoulder wasn't hurt, though. The last time we walked here, she hurt her shoulder from hunching against the wind and chill for too long. It's still not right, and she has only just started to cycle to work again after five weeks. The round is a good length for a gentle walk: 8 miles or 4 hours if we go right into the Ebbor Gorge. THe rain wasn't too much of a pain, but the low mist above the Barrows meant that I lost my bearings. Fortunately Moonface's sense of direction is good and she kep me on the correct path.
We experimented a bit with kit. I tried out a different rucksack and found it perfectly comfortable, so I will take it away to Leominster for the hostelling weekend on Friday. Cheers, Drive. I also wore gaiters for the first time, and kept my trousers clean. That made a change!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home