The Chalybeate

Tuesday 14 March 2006

Knowledge or nerdiness ?

Browsing on the internet (as you do) I read a little about the French playwright, Jean Anouilh.
And I found that all the reference sources including the Encyclopaedia Britannica had mistaken the date of one of his plays.

Yep. They all wrote that L'Arrestation (The Arrest) was written in 1975, whereas I know that it was in 1974 at the latest. So I wrote and told them.

And how did I know this? Because in November 1974 I was a stage-hand at the Bristol Old Vic, where I got to be on stage with the star, the little-known John Hurt, in the world premiere performance of The Arrest. We even had Prince Charles in the audience on one evening.

John Hurt has since gone on to greater things.........

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home