The Chalybeate

Monday 26 June 2006

Physical Violence

I hit someone yesterday morning. It's the first time in about ten years - maybe more - that I've thumped anyone, and I'm not proud of myself. I was angry at him.

Moonface & I were cycling into town, using the cycle lane inside the main traffic flow. She was slightly behind me, so I missed what happened. A van pulled partly left into the cycle lane, and a passenger within the van opened a door into Moonface's path, nearly knocking her over. A few years ago she was hospitalised by a similar accident, so she was very upset by yesterday's occurrence, yet when she shouted at him, the driver only laughed at her and he then drove off. I saw that Moonface was behind me, so I waited. When she caught me up, she explained what had happened, then burst into tears.

I lost my temper and cycled after the van. When I caught up with him at the next lights, I explained his error, politely. He pretended not to understand, so I explained in more detail, but not politely. Then he smirked, so I hit him on his nose through the open van window. Only once, not too hard. Then I cycled back to join Moonface. It spoiled our day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home