The Chalybeate

Sunday 21 May 2006

The fear

I start a new job tomorrow. I'm excited, interested, and scared. What if everything goes wrong, as it has once or twice before? What if, in three months' time, the company decides it doesn't want me? I've not been worried like this before. In the past, I have found jobs easily and I have not worried about resigning on a promise from a new employer.

It's just as well that "career" has two meanings: one being an ordered progression of employments and the other a swerving erratic advance. Mine is the latter.

Let's face it, I'm not always the easiest employee. I don't like being told how to do things, and I am not always diplomatic to the boss. But usually I'm liked by my colleagues and other staff. Some people have the same job all their lives and many personal relationships, I have had many jobs but a single woman. It's probably easier this way.

All I can do is watch my step, do my best, and hope.
Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

  • Goood, I forgot! I'm sure you'll do great. Keep me posted, you lucky guy!

    By Blogger Kaa, at 22/5/06 10:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home