The Chalybeate

Sunday 14 May 2006

Meet the neighbours

We have had two sets of new neighbours in the last few months. Yesterday, I met them in the street for the first time, when they stopped to talk outside our house. And what were my first words?

"Do you mind moving, please?
My wife's nearly naked in the car, and she's embarrased to get out and walk into our house while you're standing there"

Moonface & I had been for a walk, and we were caught in a torrential downpour just before we arrived back at the car. Moonface was so soaked that she took of most of her clothes for the drive home, and we arrived home with her wearing just underwear. The rainstorm was localised so that in Bristol, half an hour and twenty miles away, the sun was shining and the streets were dry. And there we were, Moonface in her knickers and me in soddentrousers and wringing t-shirt, looking stupid in front of the neighbours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home