The Chalybeate

Monday 15 May 2006

Good things happen.

Let's count up:
Last week I was offered a new job, at which I hope to do well.
This afternoon, my daughter has been offered a one-year engineering internship under the "Year in Industry" scheme, prior to university. I'm so proud of her.

In between, we had a great time over the weekend.
Friday night at the Wellington, with a romantic moonlit walk there and back.
Saturday: a long walk in the Cotswolds through honey-coloured villages and fresh green woods with bluebells and wild garlic. Then, a meal with friends getting slightly stoned and very pleasantly full.
On Sunday I had a ride in the woods followed by several hours eating and drinking at a neighbour's barbecue, then an hour tinkering with bicycles in a relaxed and zen-like state. What could be better?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home