The Chalybeate

Wednesday 10 January 2007

Bellevue



I had to check on the progress on some building work today.

It's the first time for several years that I have had to climb up narrow ladders & scaffolding. It was harder than expected; not because of the climbing itself, but because of the narrow gaps in the scaffold tower floors. I'm broader than I used to be, mainly at the shoulders. I found the same problem when crawling under a floor a couple of years ago, when sliding through holes that I had made in my twenties became a problem. I was skinny, then.

However, in spite of the wind, the climb was worthwhile. I needed to check what was being done to the high wall and the coping stones, and the views were fantastic. Now I'm faced with all the admin work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home