The Chalybeate

Saturday 9 June 2007

Evening

Yesterday evening I enjoyed one of those quietly satisfying moments where everything seems well with one's world.

I'd worked effectively most of the day, had a cool swim to tire my limbs, then chatted a little with Moonface. She was going out to eat with students, and Tom was at work, so I cooked for two.

Rio and I ate in the garden, diffuse evening sunlight shining upon us. We ate steak, chips & salad, whilst I drank a glass or two of South African pinotage, warm from the bottle having been in the sun for while. We made small-talk, joked, argued a little. Beyond the birdsong from the gardens and the rare plane overhead, it was quiet and restful. The cats dozed on the garden chairs or nuzzled against our knees.

So I thought to myself: life's alright, really.

x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home