The Chalybeate

Monday 17 September 2007

Surfing




Cornwall is about as far from Norfolk as is possible while still remaining in England. So of course, this weekend Tom & I headed to Cornwall to try surfing again after a gap of many years, on a boys' weekend with some of my cycling friends and their sons.

We had fun. It was something of a special occasion for me, as I rarely do anything active with Tom, let alone go for a weekend together, so there was an emotional element as well as the physical challenge. We did get into the water an both days, even though neither of us could stand on the borrowed board so we used our old boogie-boards much more. Now, my arms and ribs ache from the unaccustomed form of exercise - but I do feel good, mentally and physically.

The weather and the surf were kind to us, with sun and wind agreeing to keep the waves manageable but interesting for us, and Saturday night being perfect for sitting around a barbecue talking and drinking. The stars were out, our corner of the campsite was sheltered from the wind, and we felt that we deserved to be there, just talking.


:-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home