The Chalybeate

Monday 1 September 2008

Lazy Sunday

Yesterday was unusual for me, a Sunday with nothing important planned and nothing urgent to do. So I took it easy. The weather was dull but not rainy, Tommo was pottering around, Rio not up to anything, Moonface off for a walk with girlfriends. And I did not much at all for most of the day.

I read. It's years since I spent more than an hour or so of a day reading; usually I get ten or twenty minutes after dinner, or before going to sleep. So I lay on the settee and read Kim, the copy I bought in 1975 and have read a couple of times since. It engrossed me, and I remembered why I loved the book so much when I was a boy, but of course now I get more out of it because I'm older, possibly wiser, and can smell India when Kipling writes of it.

And I read some of the weekend papers, tinkered with the bike which I'm putting together, and mooched around. Eventually I decided that I needed exercise, so I cycled around the Downs, through Hotwells and into the Lloyds area again, but because of the weather there was much less going on. I arrived back home within tow seconds of Moonface's return from her day out, so we spent the evening in the normal fashion with a relaxed frame of mind. Very nice, too.


:o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home