The Chalybeate

Friday 8 May 2009

Doves

No, not more birds: the band. We saw them play last night.

It's the second time we've seen them at the Academy, and this time was a good as the last. In spite of the gig being a sell-out, Moonface & I had a great vantage point, at the front of the balcony. FOr a change I didn't reckon much to the support band (Malakai) whom I thought to be a bit twiddly-diddly wankers as the Greek translation of their name suggests.

But Doves were great, with a consistent heavy wall of sound and songs to think to. I suppose that I didn't really put my body and heart into the music as usual; it was somehow very cerebral and allowed me to drift into daydreams easily. Moonface enjoyed it more, I think, although this may just reflect the drifts of our respective musical tastes. We both remembered the videos for There Goes the Fear and that certainly sent me off into another, '60's, world.

............horror of horrors, we drove to the Academy instead of walking.


:o)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home