The Chalybeate

Wednesday 2 December 2009

Holland Park

I arrived early in London for my first meeting, with 90 minutes spare to make a 40-minute journey, so I decided to walk. From Paddington to Olympia isn't a bad stroll: it took me just over an hour via the perimeter of Hyde Park, Notting Hill and my introduction to Holland Park. I'd never passed through that park before, so I really enjoyed myself. It was noisy with birdsong rather than traffic hum, probably die to its being on a rise and surrounded by trees.

And what birds! A heron flapped steadily overhead, a small hawk zipped through some scrub, and there was a surrealistic green flock of parakeets feeding in the formal garden. I've never been as close to wild parrots, ever.

And I was still early for my meeting.

:o)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home