The Chalybeate

Friday 29 October 2010

Nosebleeds

A week or so ago I was showering and realised that I hadn't had a nosebleed for ages, which was a surprise. I've suffered from random nosebleeds since I was a teenager, especially when stressed or when I have a cold, but for several months I haven't had a single one. I guess that it was down to the drugs I've been taking for my hypertension.

Then yesterday whilst at breakfast in Bratislava, my nose spontaneously started leaking blood, huge drops of the stuff on my plate and napkin. It must have been because of the humid warmth of the restaurant contrasting with the crisp cold air outside - we'd been for a fifteen-minute stretch before eating - but whatever the cause it was still annoying. Fortunately it was as painless as usual, as were the subsequent sessions by the Soviet war memorial. Let's hope that it heals again.

One week later - no re-occurrences. There's a tiny part of me that puts the bleed down to another, paranormal, reason. But I'm unlikely to discover whether that's right or not.



:o\

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home