The Chalybeate

Wednesday 17 November 2010

Contact

I've not worn contact lenses for nigh on twenty years until today, when I was given (sold) a trial by my opticians. I remember the itchiness and the way that my eyes contracted into slits when I was using the semi-permeable hard lenses back then, but today's trial went much better. I've taken them out now after 2½ hours since my older eyes can't focus closely enough to read or use the computer easily with them in, and because I was advised to start slowly. I was so pleased that I suffered very little discomfort except for the fiddliness of removing the damn things from my narrow eyes. Let's see how I get on with wearing them for a longer period. It'll be nice to walk in the rain without becoming blinded by the raindrops obscuring my glasses.

As a plus, I will also have to improve the way in which I care for my fingernails so that I don't scratch myself. Anything that forces an improvement in my hygiene & appearance must be good.

:o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home