The Chalybeate

Friday 25 March 2011

Rum Cocktails by Rail

I hardly ever drink cocktails. For one thing, they're expensive and that offends my sense of meanness. For another, they are so often sweet and easy to drink that I'd find it too easy to become uproariously drunk in a very short time. However, John E Vistic and cohorts were playing at the Tunnels the other evening; Moonface and I like the music so we went on down.

AS part of the ticket price, early birds were given free rum cocktails - and they were really pleasant, just rum, lime and ginger beer . The music was good, too. We went early as Daisy Chapman was first on. He songs are so dark and twisted that I sometimes wonder about her upbringing: a cloudy mix of murder, obsession, incest, kidnapping and other unpleasantries.

We gave the folk style singer a miss.

Emily Breeze played with her new band: she looked as if she'd crawled off the cover of an early Roxy Music album after a bad night out, and she sounded like the offspring of Eartha Kitt and Ozzy Osborne.

JohnE Vistic was as rocking as ever, but Moonface & I decided to wimp out early, before the pole-dancers got going. We'd taken the train down and as the last return was impending, we nipped across the concourse and walked the last few minutes home from Montpelier. I do like going out by train.


:o)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home