The Chalybeate

Tuesday 29 January 2008

So long, SAAB



Last week after owning the beast for eight and a half years, I sold the SAAB. Both Moonface and I were sorry to see it go, but we were just not using it enough to justify keeping it.
It was the best, fastest, most comfortable car that I have owned, with all the comforts that one could wish for, with the possible exception of aircon.

Heated leather seats, CD autochanger, sunroof, etc etc. Plus a 2.3 liter turbocharged engine that just seemed to keep going. It was a wonderful car, which we ran for many, many miles. I sold her at about 169,200, which meant that I was responsible for putting around 140k onto the clock. And in all those miles over all those years, all that went wrong was a worn throttle idle screw and a fuel tank strap snapping. Really, she was faultless.

But we still have the van and the Micra; the latter is so easy around town and I'm happy letting the kids use it: whereas insuring the SAAB for their use would have been prohibitive.

Bye, SAAB. I'm sure that the Hungarian who bought her will enjoy driving as much as I did.


:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home