The Chalybeate

Sunday 1 February 2009

Short Days

Today was short, but very sweet. Moonface and I haven't had a quiet weekend for a while, and today we managed at least half of one.

We woke late, still full after Friday night's meal out. (The Glass Boat, again).
I'd been due to go out for a bike ride with a couple of mates, but I meanly put them off and slumped back under the covers again.
We pottered around, a bit of clearing, a bit of shopping on the Gloucester Road for me; as I was later than normal, I met more people & stopped to chat more, so it all took a little longer than normal. I've been meaning to buy a new pair of smart work shoes for a while, but the shops I had looked at, in the clothes-shopping areas of town, had nothing which appealed to me. Then, when idly browsing for books in a charity shop, I saw a pair of almost new brogues in my size, hardly worn. So I tried them, bought them, and saved myself the bother of going to Bath one day soon.

More pottering.
In the afternoon I took the bike down to the centre, looking for a workshop stand for tinkering with bikes, then popped into the library for books on travel. All very domestic, all very small scale, all very reassuring.

And nothing in the evening, either.


:o)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home