The Chalybeate

Sunday 7 June 2009

Honeydew and Nettles

I've got a hangover.
It's not pleasant.
My head hurts and my brain doesn't work, my tongue's thick and my limbs are heavy.

Simon and I had a quiet drink in the Cambridge last night, and all I had was two pints of Fuller's Honeydew. As beers go I rather liked it, as it has a sweetness and floweriness without a strong bitter aftertaste. Yet still, the beer hangover hit me. My body's just not set up for beer drinking; I'd have been alright on cider but the Cambridge only had one less pleasant brand on tap, which was the reason I stuck to beer.

How come some people can drink so much more than me, without getting a hangover? You can see them draining back the pints, eight or ten an evening, without painful after-effects, but two is my absolute limit for a morning without pain.

Now I'm drinking another new beverage for myself, nettle tea. It's soothing, warming, rehydrating and tastes like grass. My only complaint is that it's shockingly expensive for a drink supposedly made from dried weeds; I will have to collect and dry my own if I want more.

:o/

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home