The Chalybeate

Wednesday 10 June 2009

Tuesboyz

It must be nearly a year since I last went out with the Tuesboyz in the evening, riding through the woods in the dark. I've been for road-rides more recently, and out by myself, but I'd been disheartened by always being at the back of the string on the night rides.

But last night I surprised myself. Yes, I was at the back for much of the ride. Yes, I'm damned slow up hills. Yes, I lagged badly during the last few miles through Long Ashton to the Nova. But for most of the ride I wasn't far behind, much of it I was in the "peloton" or its equivalent, and I know that I can keep up with anyone on the downhills and the twisty bits.

Now, the relative fun and keep-up-ness may be due to increased fitness, but I doubt it. It may be due to the change in leadership of the group so that the front isn't being so competitive, or it may be that I've got a better bike (the nice, slightly-too-large Litespeed) which lets me go faster, but I'm not complaining. I had a good time.

:o)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home