The Chalybeate

Tuesday 7 July 2009

Weird

I'm in Wroclaw, meeting Dorota for a long weekend although she has to work for several hours per day even over the weekend which means that we've spent less time together than either of us would have liked.

But in a sizeable city, we've just bumped into each other by coincidence, twice.
Yesterday I was strolling back to my hotel through a park on the outskirts of the old town - and there she was, taking a break from teaching. She had her phone in her hand, half-way through sending me a text.

Then today, it was my turn to go somewhere for my lunch so I walked from my hotel to another small park on one of the many islands. Just as I was about to sit down, there was Dorota, with her crocodile of students all heading off to another lecture at a church.

To meet by chance like this not once, but twice was just so strange. What were the odds? Thousands to one against?

But it was lovely to just say "Hi" to her again during the day.

:o/

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home