The Chalybeate

Thursday 18 November 2010

Tasty

I like it when food turns out better than expected.
I knew that I couldn't be bothered to put lots of effort into cooking today, but what I did, worked. We had some rather old streaky bacon in the fridge, as well as a fraction of a chicken-breast that I had been intending to cook for my lunch, but hadn't got around to using. That too needed using. When I went shopping for the essentials of apples (Coxs) and bananas I saw that the greengrocer had some cheap bags of tomatoes & oyster mushrooms, so I bought those too. 50p per bag!

So we had pasta with:

120g streaky bacon, chopped & fried until starting to brown. Then add
1 large onion, finely chopped.
Fry gently until translucent.
Add:
70g chopped chicken breast
fry for 2-3 mins, then
5-600g tomatoes , chopped
150g oyster mushrooms
1 finely sliced cooking chorizo
dash of soy sauce
handful of mixed herbs

Cook for 10-12 mins while the pasta cooks & softens

Not bad at all.

:o)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home