The Chalybeate

Thursday 16 February 2012

Buffs

Ever since our friend Caroline gave Moonface a Buff as a bithday present, I've been a real fan of the little things. They're just a short tube of stretchy synthetic fabric, but they are so useful. Head covers, scarves, balaclavas, I try to carry one with me most of the time. Fake cheap versions seem to work just as well, even if the designs seem to be more prosaic.

This winter I've found that I usually have one under my bike helmet when riding to keep the chill off my bald bits, and another around my neck for warmth. Unlike scarves, they are easy to carry around in a pocket, if a little less stylish. My only problem is my lousy taste in mismatched colours. Moonface consistently complain about the way my buff clashes with whatever I'm wearing. I suppose the only way to avoid this is to buy a couple more in muted conservative colours.

Pink & lilac, perhaps.

:o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home