The Chalybeate

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Not rats

Since our infestation of young rats a few years ago, I've been a little nervous about their return in spite of the replacement grille which I put in the wall to prevent their ingress. That's why I was very concerned to find a small pile of rat dropping in the the corner of our dining room on yesterday morning. Except that when I examined them closely they turned out to be a little deposit of olive-stones, left over from our social on New Year's Eve.

Why do olive stones look so much like rat-shit?

The party in itself wasn't bad considering the late decision to host, with enough people to be convivial and sufficient drink and food and talk. It's been too long since we were hosts. I wasn't in the mood for dancing, so I didn't really miss that. In fact, I reckon that if we hadn't planned to have people around here, I would have happily stayed at home to watch TV by myself. I blame my cold, not my age. Yet.

:o)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home