The Chalybeate

Monday 18 February 2008

Oaf

Idiocy doesn't always pay.

Between our house and our neighbours' lie two paths to our respective front doors, separated by a brick wall which is ranges from a couple of feet to about four feet high on our side, plus a fair bit more on the Tibb's side, reflecting the slope and fall of the original hillside.

As I'm a yob at heart, when I'm in the right mood I enjoy jumping upon the wall and walking its length to the road as I set out for a walk or drive. Today, I missed, and I hurt.

As I leapt upon the wall, both feet together, my right toe caught the edge of the wall, plonking me face-down and falling across it, and I thought that I was about to plant myself head-first onto our neighbours' path. I experienced a dreadful, "Oh shit" moment, but somehow managed to catch hold of the wall with both hands stretched out behind me, and twist my legs over my head and body in a caricature of a gate-vault, landing gracelessly but safely upon my feet. The only damage was a pair of scraped hands, a bruised tummy and a loss of dignity. I need to be more careful at my age, or at least wear more sensible shoes for jumping on walls.


;-)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home