The Chalybeate

Tuesday 8 December 2009

Arty-farty

We've looked at a fair bit of art over the last couple of weekends. Two Fridays ago Moonface and I went to some of the preview evenings at the N.Bristol Arts Trail, then several of the other open houses on the following day.

Last Saturday was unusual for us as we spent a very coupley day together in Bristol, much more so than normal: it was almost like being out on an extended date. After the usual Saturday morning shopping and chores we walked over Cotham to the RWA and spent a couple of hours in the Autumn exhibition. For some reason the show was almost empty but that gave us a better chance of browsing and looking so we took longer than usual. I also reckoned that the show was a real improvement upon last year, with many more pictures worth taking home. I should have taken my camera, but the weather wasn't conducive. Frighteningly, I really liked one small watercolour landscape of Wales and then found that it was painted by Prince Charles. There were others which I liked more, so my credibility isn't quite blown.

After the RWA we wandered down Park Street window shopping, then over to the Watershed for something to eat before the film.

Yes, a film. Moonface has been nagging / persuading me to see more cinema for years, but somehow I have never been enthusiastic. Dorota is also nagging / persuading me, so with two of them to one, I need to expand my cultural horizons.

"A Serious Man" wasn't the most fun film that I've seen, with some excruciatingly embarrassing moments in it and no resolution at all, but there was certainly lots to talk about on the way home so overall it was very worthwhile. But what was the importance of the strange separate story set in 19th Century Poland at the beginning?

:o)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home