The Chalybeate

Sunday 5 December 2010

the weight of years

I've been out one way or another five nights in succession, and I'm feeling tired. I just can't take it anymore like I used to. Just look at my wrinkles.

Tuesday: Exhibition & evening meal in London, then straight back to the pub with the Tuesboyz. Not all of them, as two of the lads were on the same rain as me travelling up to the Smoke: Geoff the architect en route to a meeting, & Andy off to visit Fredka in Germany.

Wednesday: The Lake AGM. I''ve been elected to the committee. I don't know whether that's good, or lots of work.

Thursday: The Concretes at the Fleece. A great band with a wonderful new record, but only fifty in the audience. They need their brass, though. The cut-back band just doesn't cut so well.

Friday: The Bridge at the Polish Club. White reggae & dub for the middle-class & middle-aged and their late-teen offspring. Hey! I danced for the whole set and felt so much better for it, ins spite of the walk home at midnight.

Saturday: Dreadzone at the Trinity. More white reggae & dubstep, but for the festival crowd, poorer, younger, sweatier. Dreadzone also missed their brass section, but that's because half the band were stuck overseas with snow blocking the airports (either that or it's due to the Spanish air-traffic strike). We danced again, so I was all smiles. Then we nipped into Lucy's party for more talk and dancing, staggering home at two. It's a shame about the bench.

Sunday: I'm taking it easy today, just a walk down to the Lake to look at trees for trimming later in the winter. Moonface is now co-opted onto the Environmental Committee, too.

:0)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home