The Chalybeate

Friday 18 December 2009

Mother's Ruin

On Wednesday Moonface and I risked a new club, Mother's Ruin. It was so snug that I'm ashamed that I hadn't been there before. It had a cosy atmosphere, cheap drinks, and an upper floor where they played music. We went along because I wanted to hear the new incarnation of Annette Berlin's band. I've seen her twice before: once at the Folk-House in an acoustic session and once playing raucous thrash at Mr Wolf's. The latter I hated and walked out, the former was great. My real interest was Katy Tucker's voice, pure and strong, but it does get lost when she's not leading.

We didn't stop for the headlining act; we must be getting old. We didn't even walk there, but that was because of the icy rain and wind.

;0)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home